- The computer notetaker accepts accountability for professional decisions and actions.
- The computer notetaker commits to the provision of quality professional service at all times.
- The computer notetaker shows respect and cultural sensitivity at all times.
- The computer notetaker keeps confidential all information related to placements, including location, persons involved, information presented or any other identifying information.
- The computer notetaker produces the information communicated in an unbiased manner: neutral, impartial, objective. Omissions/additions due to political, religious, moral or philosophical reasons, or to any other biased or subjective consideration, are not permitted.
- The computer notetaker will not provide personal or academic counselling to the consumer or present personal opinions or comments in the information produced. The computer notetaker establishes and maintains appropriate boundaries with consumers, and assumes the responsibility of ensuring that the relationships with all parties are reasonable, fair and professional. The computer notetaker provides information, not opinions.
- The computer notetaker will strive to further individual knowledge and skills in order to achieve and maintain the highest personal and professional standards.
- Respect for colleagues will be shown by acting towards them, and speaking of them with respect, courtesy and good faith. They will not abuse colleagues and refrain from breach of trust and unfair tactics at all times.
- The computer notetaker respects copyright and intellectual property.
References consulted: AVLIC (Association of Visual Language Interpreters of Canada), IDIA (Inter-University Disability Issues Association)